Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Projects around the house

The house is really coming together. We have been doing a lot of little projects here and there, and this last weekend we were really productive- I think because of the extra day I was able to spend at home. Quintin also gets a lot done when I am gone during the week, but it always helps to have an extra set of hands around.

I have the bravest husband!! A few weekends ago we painted the foyer, which doesn't sound like much, but it is two stories high. Q bought a 22-foot extension ladder and climbed all the way up to paint it for me. We really didn't like the light/chandelier that was there when we got the house. It was one of those outdated "contractor specials." We found a beautiful light, but just didn't know how we were going to install it because the light is in the center of the foyer and that would be a stretch because the ladder has to be propped against the wall. We couldn't rent a step ladder tall enough, and it was looking like we were going to need scaffolding!

Monday Q decided to pull out his 22 foot ladder and see if he could do it. He could reach, but pretty much only with one hand. We had to be a little creative, but after risking his life, here's the light!!











We also finished painting in the breakfast nook/eat in kitchen area and also painted Abigail's room. She chose a really pretty shade of green and had fun helping. Don't mind my crazy hair and glasses- we got started early Monday morning before I even put my contacts in!

No comments: